Everything comes out of silence. In silence more work can be done. The true experience of bliss is without words.
– Mother Meera
Coming and Going
– When you enter the darshan hall, a volunteer will help you find a seat. After you are shown to your seat, please put your shoes and belongings under your chair.
– It is recommended that guests stay until the end of the darshan. Mother sits at the end for several minutes with us in deep silence. This is a wonderful experience.
– If you need to leave early, please let us know when you come in so you can be seated in an appropriate area. Please leave as quietly as possible.
– Please come with clean, washed hair and dress in normal, comfortable clothes. The temperature in the darshan hall is cool, so please dress accordingly.
– Please do not bring flowers, gifts or edibles for Mother.
– People will be called to darshan row-by-row, starting from the front
– There is a line in the middle aisle and a shorter line on the stage
– Keep your eyes open when in line
– As soon as the stage has a place free, move from the middle aisle to the stage line
– When lining up, be aware and always keep moving forward as much as space allows
Your Personal Darshan
– As soon as the place in front of Mother is free, move there and lower your head, so that Mother can reach your head with ease
– When Mother lets go of your head, lift up your head and look into her eyes. When Mother lowers her eyes, your personal darshan is finished.
– Stand up immediately – you can use the wooden box for support – and take the shortest route back to your seat
– If it is physically difficult for you to sit or kneel in the middle aisle, you can walk directly to the stage line and if necessary, keep standing while waiting there
– If you cannot kneel in front of Mother, you can receive darshan sitting in a chair. Please talk to a volunteer when you come into the hall if you will need a chair.
Darshan takes place in total silence. We can all help to make this a pleasant experience for everyone by following these guidelines:
- cell phones are turned off
- no talking or whispering in the hall
- no photos or video recordings (however there may be authorized people taking photographs and videos of Mother during darshan)
- no standing in the darshan hall
- every person can only go once to darshan
- finally, please don’t cross your legs if you are sitting in the front row
Share this page with a friend